ALL FLAMENCO will offer 13 shows from the 26 Festival de Jerez
ALL FLAMENCO will premiere 13 shows from the 26 Festival de Jerez in pay-per-view.
At less than a month to the premiere of the 26th edition of the Festival de Jerez in ALL FLAMENCO we have already set our sights on the shows that will pass through our channel and that will be available on demand to all flamenco lovers who wish to watch them.
After a 25th edition postponed and with hardly any audience, the Festival recovers capacity and will offer fifty premieres as well as classes with dance masters.
The Festival de Jerez on ALL FLAMENCO
ALL FLAMENCO is once again the official media and will offer a selection of 13 great shows in premium pay-per-view right after its debut on stage. Within just two months, these shows will also be available on all subscription plans for subscribers. The artists' shows that will be part of this "digital edition" will be:
- 'Reverso' by Macarena López
- 'Tronie. Retratos del alma' by Irene Rueda
- 'Presente' by Juan Tomas de la Molía
- 'De los puertos' by Juan Fernández
- 'Flamencos sin sulfitos' by Beatriz Morales and Agujetas Chico
- 'Terremoto, un siglo de cante' by María Terremoto
- 'Adioses' by Sara Jimenez
- 'Frutos de mi voz' by Anabel Valencia
- 'Mujer de pie' by Sara Cano
- 'Puro' by Rafael Campallo
- 'Aromas de Jerez' by Luis El Zambo
- 'Cenachería' by Juan Requena
- 'Bodas de plata' by Antonio El Pipa
For the second consecutive year, ALL FLAMENCO offers fans a new format to enjoy the premieres of the Festival de Jerez in case they are unable to attend the shows in person. The recordings of the theatrical shows made with the usual high quality of the ALL FLAMENCO seal, will be available through our website or multiple apps for smart-TVs and smartphones to be enjoyed anytime during seven days following purchase.
Premieres of the XXVI Festival de Jerez
This edition of the Festival de Jerez will offer over 40 shows on four different stages (Teatro Villamarta, Sala Compañía, Bodega González Byass and Museos de la Atalaya), including up to ten unique premieres. The Spanish National Ballet, directed by Rubén Olmo, is opening the exhibition with two performances of its 'Centenario Antonio Ruiz Soler' at the Jerez coliseum, and the closing will be performed by Antonio El Pipa's company presenting the world premiere of 'Bodas de plata' (Silver Wedding).
Out of the four premieres scheduled at the Villamarta Theater, the first one corresponds to Manuela Carpio ('La fuente de la inspiración'), where the Jerez-born bailaora counts on the participation of Antonio Canales, La Farruca and Joaquín Grilo, among other dancers. It will be towards the end of the event when Antonio Molina 'El Choro' will showcase his '#SiDiosKiere', under the direction of Juan Dolores Caballero. Then, Mercedes de Cordoba, leading his company, will present 'Yes, I want!' and Antonio El Pipa will do the same with his new proposal 'Silver Jubilee. XXV Anniversary', with Manuela Carrasco as guest artist. The Sevillian artist will have her own protagonism with her show 'Aires de mujeres'.
The main stage of the Villamarta Theater will also host the premiere in our country of 'Segunda piel' by Mercedes Ruiz, as well as the performances of 'Bailando con Lorca en la Edad de Plata' by the Carmen Cortés Company; 'Vuelta a uno. Extract from 'Trilogía sobre la guitarra' by Rocío Molina; and 'Flamenco: espacio creativo' by Alfonso Losa.
García Lorca also serves as inspiration for the Ballet Flamenco de Andalucía, directed by Úrsula López, which will perform 'El maleficio de la mariposa' at the Festival. Other shows will have autobiographical dyes -such as María Moreno's 'More (no) More'- or will move in a complementary duality -such is the case of Ana Morales' 'En la cuerda floja' (On the tightrope). After his acclaimed '¡Viva!', Manuel Liñán delves into tradition from the nonconformism in 'Pie de hierro' and Farruquito will claim the peculiar style that characterizes his family.
Other flamenco venues at the Jerez Festival
In Sala Compañía the premieres will feature Beatriz Morales and Agujetas Chico ('Flamenco sin sulfitos'); Irene Rueda ('Tronie. Retratos del alma'); and Juan Tomás de la Molía ('Presente'). It so happens that these last two artists were the winners of the Turin de la Frontera 2020 Contest, held in Jerez.
Within the Muy Personal cycle, the absolute premieres will continue at the Museos de la Atalaya with Macarena López ('Reverso'); Juan Fernández ('De los puertos'); Sara Jiménez ('Adioses'); the Compañía Musa Carmen Fernández ('La Rosa Mutábile') and Rosario Toledo, together with Jaiver Galiana and Alba Haro ('Playeras'). A cycle that also includes Lucía Álvarez 'La Piñona' ('Abril') and the tandem formed by Estévez & Paños, who with 'La confluencia' will close the event with another premiere.
The cycle Con Nombre Propio will take place halfway between the Museos de la Atalaya and the Sala Compañía. Meanwhile Javier Baron will perform in the first of the scenic spaces, Angel Rojas Dance Project and Rafael Campallo will perform in the second.
One of the main attractions of the cycle Toca Toque will be to see the guitarist Victor Monge 'Serranito' in his farewell tour of the stage at the Bodega Gonzalez Byass. As a dream' has entitled his show this precursor of the concert guitar. However, this more instrumental program has other important attractions, since in Sala Compañía Salvador Gutiérrez will unravel his '11 Bordones' and Daniel Casares will tackle 'Guitarrísimo'. In addition, Juan Requena will present his album 'Cenachería' and Joselito Acedo will make a flamenco journey through 'Triana D.F.'.
Regarding singing the series De la Raíz starts with Pansequito at the Bodega González Byass, and continues in the same winery space with the stamp that Jerez brings to flamenco in this facet with the voices of María Terremoto and Luis El Zambo without neglecting the Sevillian Anabel Valencia.
As usual, the cycle De Peña en Peña, in collaboration with the Local Federation of Peñas Flamencas, promotes the performance of young local artists free of charge. In addition, there is a training area that offers 46 courses and workshops on different learning levels, as well as complementary activities as a space for debate and promoting all that is happening around flamenco.
And also... courses with great masters at the Jerez Festival
From February 19 to 25, 2022
- ALMUDENA SERRANO | Introduction to dancing alegrías | Level: INITIATION 1 | Time: from 9.30 a.m. to 11.20 a.m.
- Mª JOSÉ LEÓN SOTO | Soleá dance technique | Level: BASIC | Time: from 9.30 to 11.50 a.m.
- ÁNGEL MUÑOZ | Alegrías dance technique | Level: BASIC | Time: from 9.30 to 11.50 a.m.
- ANDRÉS PEÑA | Bulerias dance technique | Level: BASIC | Time: from 9.30 to 11.50 a.m.
- LEONOR LEAL | Body technique applied to choreographic fragments (different palos) | Level: MEDIUM | Time: from 9.30 to 11.50 a.m.
- RAFAELA CARRASCO | Technique and style of the tarantos dance | Level: MEDIUM | Timetable: from 9.30 to 11.50 h.
- CARMEN HERRERA | Introduction to tango dancing | Level: INITIATION 2 | Time: from 12.30 to 14.20 h.
- Mª JOSÉ FRANCO | Technique of the guajiras with fan | Level: BASIC | Time: from 12.30 to 14.50 h.
- RAFAELA CARRASCO | Technique of the cane dance | Level: BASIC | Time: from 12.30 to 14.50 h.
- MANUEL BETANZOS | Technique and style of bulerías por soleá | Level: MEDIUM | Time: from 12.30 to 14.50 h.
- ROCÍO CORAL | Technique and style of the bata de cola*. Choreographic study for Tangos Extremeños (without bata de cola) | Level: MEDIUM | Time: from 12.30 to 14.50 h.
- CONCHA JAREÑO AND ANDRÉS PEÑA | (Coordinated by: Mª JOSÉ LEÓN SOTO). Methodology of teaching flamenco dance | Level: MEDIUM | Time: from 12.30 to 14.50 h.
- SARAY GARCÍA | Introduction to bulerías dancing | Level: INITIATION 2 | Time: from 3.30 p.m. to 5.20 p.m.
- PILAR OGALLA | Garrotín technique with bata de cola and hat | Level: BASIC | Time: from 3.30 p.m. to 5.50 p.m.
- MANUEL BETANZOS | Technique and style of the tangos of Malaga | Level: BASIC | Timetable: from 15.30 to 17.50 h.
- Mª DEL MAR MORENO | Technique and style of siguiriyas dance | Level: MEDIUM | Time: from 15.30 to 17.50 h.
- JAVIER LATORRE | Technique and style of the cantiñas dance | Level: MEDIUM | Time: from 15.30 to 17.50 h.
- CONCHA JAREÑO | Style and choreography of fandangos abandolaos with castanets | Level: PERFECCIONAMIENTO. Timetable: from 15.30 to 17.50 h.
From February 27th to March 5th 2022
- IRENE CARRASCO | Introduction to dancing alegrías | Level: INITIATION 1 | Time: from 9.30 a.m. to 11.20 a.m.
- SORAYA CLAVIJO | Technique of bulerías de Jerez | Level: BASIC | Time: from 9.30 to 11.50 a.m.
- ANGEL MUÑOZ | Technique of the dance tientos tangos | Level: BASIC | Time: from 9.30 to 11.50 a.m.
- ANTONIO EL PIPA | Soleá por bulerías technique | Level: MEDIUM | Time: from 9.30 to 11.50 a.m.
- LA MONETA | Technique and style of the abandolaos | Level: MEDIUM | Timetable: from 9.30 to 11.50 h.
- MERCEDES RUIZ | Technique and style of the caña with bata de cola* | Level: MEDIUM | Timetable: from 9.30 to 11.50 h.
- FERNANDO JIMÉNEZ | Introduction to tango dancing | Level: INITIATION 2 | Time: from 12.30 to 14.20 h.
- IMMACULADA AGUILAR | Technique of the cantiñas dance | Level: BASIC | Time: from 12.30 to 14.50 h.
- MERCEDES RUIZ | Technique of the snails with fan | Level: BASIC | Time: from 12.30 to 14.50 h.
- MANUELA CARPIO | Soleá dance technique and style | Level: MEDIUM | Time: from 12.30 to 14.50 h.
- MARCO FLORES | Technique and style of bulerías dance | Level: MEDIUM | Time: from 12.30 to 14.50 h.
- OLGA PERICET | Technique and style of dancing alegrías | Level: MEDIUM | Timetable: from 12.30 to 14.50 h.
- BEATRIZ MORALES | Introduction to bulerias dancing | Level: INITIATION 2 | Time: from 15.30 to 17.20 h.
- JUAN ANTONIO TEJERO | Technique of siguiriyas dance | Level: BASIC | Time: from 15.30 to 17.50 h.
- ALICIA MÁRQUEZ | Technique of the cantiñas with bata de cola | Level: BASIC | Time: from 15.30 to 17.50 h.
- EDUARDO GUERRERO | Technique and style for tangos. Momentos | Level: MEDIUM | Time: from 3.30 to 5.50 p.m.
- ANA MORALES | Consciousness of the movement. Technique of guajiras with fan | Level: MEDIUM | Time: from 15.30 to 17.50 h.
- JAVIER LATORRE | Style and choreography of the farruca dance | Level: PERFECCIONAMIENTO | Timetable: from 15.30 to 17.50 h.
*It is necessary to have previous experience in the handling of the bata de cola for the realization of these courses at intermediate and in intermediate and advanced levels.
February 26th 2022
- GALA VIVANCOS | Spanish Classical Technique | Time: from 11 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. and from 3.00 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.
- PASTORA GALVÁN | The dance by tangos | Time: from 11 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. and from 3 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.
- LA FARRUCA | Dancing by tarantos | Time: from 11 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. and from 3 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.
- CONCHA VARGAS | Las bulerías arromanzadas de Lebrija | Time: from 11 am to 1.30 pm and from 3 pm to 5.30 pm.
WORKSHOPS OF COMPÁS AND PALMAS AND OF CASTANETS
From February 21 to 25
- VIVANCOS GALA | Workshop of technique and assembly of flamenco castanets | Time: from 12 to 13.30 h.
- DAVID EL GAMBA | Workshop of compás and flamenco clapping | Time: from 1.45 to 3.15 pm.
From February 28th to March 4th
- DAVID EL GAMBA | Workshop of compás and flamenco clapping | Time: from 12 to 13.30 h.
- GALA VIVANCOS | Workshop of technique and assembly of flamenco castanets | Time: from 1.45 p.m. to 3.15 p.m.